PDA

View Full Version : Butter cup

Rene Quenneville
05-31-2009, 02:52 PM
After my last week venture at f/1.8, I am now back to normal!

Here is a freshly cut buttercup held in a plamp on my dinning room table. Side light from the flash and fill with a small reflector.

This is a very difficult flower to capture. It is very easy to clip the red channeldue to the bright yellow color and the high reflectivity of the shinny surface.

Do you think that the OOF bud adds or distracts?

Hope you enjoy!

1/125 s
f/20
ISO 400
Flash and reflector
150mm Sigma macro lens

Alfred Forns
05-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi Rene Tough decision but might like it better without it? Don't feel the connection Love the flower presentation and overall feel ..... was fun shooting the other way !!!!

Julie Kenward
05-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Rene, I think if the entire stem to the bud was visible below the flower then it would work; here, it seems disjointed to some degree. I'd also like to see if you could open up the dark BG a bit - is there anything below that dark tone that would add to the image?

Anita Bower
05-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Lovely shot of this happy little flower. I like the detail you achieved on the flower--well done. I would leave the bud in, but clone out the green on the left border. If you remove the bud, the stem will look odd, and if you remove the stem, the flower will be floating.

Fabs Forns
05-31-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm with Anita. the bus stays, the green on left has to go :)

Great colors.

Mike Moats
05-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey Rene, agree with Anita and Fabs.

Roman Kurywczak
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey Rene,
3rd agreement with Anita.....stem of the flower stays....just the rest of the grenery.