PDA

View Full Version : Our new security system

Amy DeStefanis
05-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Meet Lori, part of the new security system for our house after having it burglarized recently - yes they got my Macbook Pro with lots of files that weren't backed up yet. It's been a long spring.... Thank goodness they weren't after anything else!

Luckily we still had an old PC tower that no one would bother stealing, but it's Slooooowwww.

Lori is my first dog as an adult - but a compromise from the trained Rottweiler I was threatening to get! She is a Boxer mix (with what, who knows?) that we adopted from the Humane Society in Tampa. We met Lori at Tuxes and Tails - a benefit dinner for the Humane Society, and I just knew she was going to fit great in our home!

She's 9 months old, but is better than many grown dogs I've met! She even gets along with the cats (well, she hasn't eaten them... in fact, she's intimidated by them....).

Now I'm walking at least a mile each morning and evening, and more on the weekends, and I'm losing weight, even!

Lori still thinks that when I bend down low to take a picture it means (that's ok you can come here now), so I'll have to retrain her to "stay" even when I bend down.

Glad to be back - looking forward to perusing the site and seeing all the great photos I've missed recently!
Still don't have all of my editing applications loaded yet - I'll be back on my feet soon, I hope!

Thanks,
Amy D.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-31-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear someone broke into your place. Must have been a nightmare. The new security 'feature' Lori sounds like a good idea. :)

Amy DeStefanis
05-31-2009, 02:18 PM
I know she looks like she's growling, but she's not. It's the underbite. Her upper lip gets snagged on her lower canine teeth, and she looks like she's snarling... It's hilarious when only one side stays up. :) :)

Amy

denise ippolito
05-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Amy, She is adorable and fierce looking all at the same time!!!

Dave Phillips
05-31-2009, 02:47 PM
welcome back Amy and sorry for your loss.
Lori's underbite alone should be a deterrent to burglars.....would lone to see the "real" snarl/growl

hope you never get a cat burglar.......the intimidation, lol

Alfred Forns
05-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Sorry to hear about the break inn !! Awful !!

... a good name would have been snarly :) Love that face !!!

Gus Cobos
06-01-2009, 09:54 PM
A pretty lady indeed...sorry about your loss...:cool:

Jim Poor
06-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh what a cutie! Let's hope she doesn't have to chase off any bad guys.

Fabs Forns
06-02-2009, 03:41 PM
I want to kiss that snout so bad!

Rocky Sharwell
06-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Amy,

If you have the chance go looking around to some of the local pawnshops...It is a bit of a longshot but might be worth it to get the lap top back...

Amy DeStefanis
06-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the good will, everyone.

Yes, Fabs, she is very kissable. "Beware the recently converted dog lover"!!! She's the very very best puppy ever! Even my "over my dead body" husband has melted. And she definitely has a bark and a streak of loyalty! The garbage disposal brought her barking into the kitchen, and when she saw that I was ok, she laid down at my feet. Otherwise, she is calm as a cucumber. Perfect!!!

Take care everyone!
Amy D.

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I was sorry to hear of your loss. Losing files is something we all fear but due to a burglary is something else. Love your new protection !!! Thanks for sharing Amy.