PDA

View Full Version : Slot View Showing Form and Color

Dave Mills
05-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Shot this on a previous trip to Upper Antelope Canyon. Not an easy place to shoot since your looking straight up most of the time. The passageway narrows in many places and your constantly moving to allow people to pass. You also have long time exposures.
Nikon D200, 70-300 lense, F16,20 sec,ISO 400, -1/3 comp,warming filter,tripod mtd.
Some folks would be tempted to use an enhancing filter here but I wouldn't recommend it. It has a tendancy to oversaturate the image.

Roman Kurywczak
05-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey Dave,
Very nice flow here with the brighter edges of the sandstone ....almost looks like flowing rock! Just enough of the brighter orange to give a nice curved edge and definition. Couldn't agree more about the enhancer.....can be easily overdone. Very nicely done!

Fabs Forns
05-31-2009, 08:51 PM
This always make me think of warm caramel, yummm, incredible that you need such long EXP, it must be a pain to work like that with people moving all over!

Paul Marcellini
06-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Hmm, I'm so used to the saturated views of this that it almost looks like it needs some more punch. Besides that, its a great study of lines and shape. Well done on the comp Dave.