PDA

View Full Version : Evening Primrose

Roman Kurywczak
05-31-2009, 12:10 PM
OK, so I read your thoughts on adding a bit of pop to the Iris and took that route here. Enless possibilities with these overexposed ones and directions you can take. This one was inspired by Jules and my wish to capture a bit of texture in the BG, so it wasn't pure white, using my overexposed technique. I do have to come up with a name for it as Overexposed technique doesn't sound good!
Be careful if you decide to plant these as my front yard can attest to.....pretty aggressive and invasive!
Canon 1D Marklll with the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT24 twin lights at plus 1& 1/3 and ISO 800 at f32 for 1/80th of a sec. Sunny 16 rule puts this at 1&1/3 overexposed. PP'ing included a bit more levels adjustment and a pretty agressive LCE of 30/60/0. Natural light, full sun, cloudy sky is BG

Dave Mills
05-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Roman...Very pretty! Can't help but feel the primrose is reaching out to the sky. Nothing I don't like about this one...

Julie Kenward
05-31-2009, 02:24 PM
This image practically sings! I love the way the two green leaves are clapping their hands together and those stamen and pistol look like they couldn't try any harder to beckon in any incoming insects. The soft diffused BG puts it over the top. If I could do this with f32 I'd reconsider my love of f4...

Rene Quenneville
05-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Great light and tones. I would not saturate ore expose more. You could darken the stem, leaves and stamins a little. It woul emphasis more on the flower. The exposure on the stem/leaves emphasis too much the fill light.

Thomas Herou
05-31-2009, 04:40 PM
I like the pastel colors.Very nice!

Alfred Forns
05-31-2009, 06:07 PM
All looks perfect Roman and the bg is just brilliant !!! One lovely image !!!!

Jay Gould
05-31-2009, 06:18 PM
OK, so I read your thoughts on adding a bit of pop to the Iris and took that route here. Enless possibilities with these overexposed ones and directions you can take. This one was inspired by Jules and my wish to capture a bit of texture in the BG, so it wasn't pure white, using my overexposed technique. I do have to come up with a name for it as Overexposed technique doesn't sound good!
Be careful if you decide to plant these as my front yard can attest to.....pretty aggressive and invasive!
Canon 1D Marklll with the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT24 twin lights at plus 1& 1/3 and ISO 800 at f32 for 1/80th of a sec. Sunny 16 rule puts this at 1&1/3 overexposed. PP'ing included a bit more levels adjustment and a pretty agressive LCE of 30/60/0. Natural light, full sun, cloudy sky is BG

Hi Roman, is there a "tutorial" for Roman's Overexposed Technique? :D

I just received my 500D that I will use with the 70 - 200 f/4 and I will go and play with my new toy and your technique.

Thanks, Jay

Anita Bower
05-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Gorgeous!!! Love the translucence of the petals, their delicacy and the veins running through them. The pistils and stamen stand out beautifully, and I agree with Jules about the leaves. Excellent. Almost enough to make me want to try using flash, but not quite.

Fabs Forns
05-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Flowers in the sky, that is pretty cool, my friend, I like it lots!

Christopher Miller
05-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Lovely image, Roman! Love the sharpness and colors!