PDA

View Full Version : Bamburgh Castle

Tell Dickinson
05-31-2009, 08:23 AM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/Terry_S/newbpn/bpn-bamburgh.jpg

18mm, 1/40, f18, iso100

I do not normally do landscapes but when I went to our Farne Islands I really had to have ago at one of our most photographed Castles :)

Be brutal, I can handle it :)

Dave Leroy
05-31-2009, 09:32 AM
I like it very much Tell. I like the foreground, the sky, and the placement of the castle. The castle and mound almost look a bit smoothed out, not a nit, just a comment. It may also work well as a crop with castle in top third. Dave

Roman Kurywczak
05-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey Tell,
I love the sky......dream for landscape photographers and I am OK that the castle is minimal in the frame as I feel this is very nicely composed all around. The flow of the water and seweed leads us to the left but the clouds bring us back to the castle. My only recommendation is to dodge/lighten the castle a touch.....to give it a bit more pop and impact.....but otherwise I feel this is very nicely composed! Not bad for a someone who doesn't do landscapes!

Fabs Forns
05-31-2009, 08:53 PM
Agree it is a very nice composition with killer sky and clouds. You should do it more often :)

Tell Dickinson
06-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the comments - most appreciated. I was lucky with the sky as I was only there a couple of hours :) I will look at the castle and mound thanks for the pointers :)