PDA

View Full Version : Soft bristles

Kaushik Balakumar
05-31-2009, 07:16 AM
Another image of the Dandelion seeds - this time backed off a bit.
In-camera multiple exposure again but with this time with narrow aperture. Problem (?!) while using multiple exposure (especially with narrow aperture) is the ghosting (very evident on the LRC).

Techs:
Nikon D300, Nikkor 105mm VR micro, 2 external flashes
f/16, 1/250, ISO200, in-camera multiple exposure (3 frames, focused on 3 different focal planes)

Not sure if these images would work. Would very much appreciate your views and suggestions to improve...

Tell Dickinson
05-31-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi Kaushik, this isnt the normal type of picture I go for but I do really like this one, I think it is probably the mixture of oof and sharp seeds giving a dreamy look all radiating back to the seed head in the corner :)

Bob Allen
05-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Very artsy, nice feeling to it. The ghosting of the plumes & seeds is cool. Hmmm, the yellow ghosting in LRC may be a bit too much. Would be interesting to see it without (or with less) yellow ghosting to compare.

Roman Kurywczak
05-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey Kayshik,
I like the effects you are achieving but I'm not sure the LR corner is working for me and I don't think it's the ghosting......I find that because the color is so strong.....it is competing with the soft whites of the seeds and my eye is drifting between the 2....if that makes sense?? Maybe just a different position in the frame?? Not sure I have the answer on this one.

Julie Kenward
05-31-2009, 02:16 PM
I agree with the others on the yellow area. I'd crop to just above it, leaving in as much of the brown area as you can and take out the distracting yellow. I bet this would work well as a b&w image also and that would probably allow the yellow area to stay in the image without it being so overpowering.

Beautiful work, Kaushik!

Thomas Herou
05-31-2009, 04:44 PM
I like it as is.The halo-effect of the double-exposure is great.
This is probably a typical European way of taking flora pictures,more diffused and blurred.
I love it!

Mike Moats
05-31-2009, 09:08 PM
Hey Kaushik, another great job on a simple subject. Love the position, good DOF.