PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone flock

Fabs Forns
05-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Another scene from the park in winter. Not enough birds to post in Avian, so I thought it may belong here :)
Polarizer and ND filters added in p/p

Model: NIKON D3
Lens (mm): 200
ISO: 320
Aperture: 9
Shutter: 1/1000
Program: Manual

John Lowin
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi Fabs, I really like the mystical atmosphere quality of the misty ridge against the distinct evergreens. I wish the space behind the flock was in front so they had a place to fly into. To me the border is a distraction for an otherwise really beautiful image. But that's just me. Thanks for sharing. - John

beykirch
05-31-2009, 01:15 AM
Hi Fabs,

I thought some time if it makes sense to crop it a bit from the top (somewhere in the middle between half the top most bird and the border) but in the end I like it as it is.

Regards

Bernd

Dave Leroy
05-31-2009, 09:36 AM
I like it very much Fabs and am glad you posted it. I agree with comment about birds flying out of frame. I kind of like the frame; for me the icy window pane look adds to the feeling. I love the feel of the cold crisp air. Dave

Roman Kurywczak
05-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi Fabs,
I may go with the removal of the front 7 birds.....as that may resolve the more room in front. The layers and soft textures work very nicely here and the PP filter did the trick on the sky. I really like the frosted edge frame because as Dave mentioned....adds to the cold feel. I am debating whether the RH and LH white edge need to be thinner more like the top and bottom.......but that doen't detract from a very well composed image!

Paul Marcellini
05-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Really nice Fab. I like the layers of elements. I'm ok with the birds and the room they have to fly. Only thing is the clouds look a touch muddy grey/yellow. Mainly the wispy ones on the right. I think the frame works too. Well done.

denise ippolito
05-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Fabs, It's beautiful, I really like the winter feel but with a soft color palette. I like the border alot it seems to add to the sense of cold as stated above.