PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Oriental - Serenity

Mark Fuge
05-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Last of this weeks post. Been fun. Hope all enjoyed the show! :cool: ;)

Dan Brown
05-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Mark, this is not a traditional Asian look but Asian non the less! Nice work, I like the open space on the right and the placement of the bird and chop. I wonder whether the calligraphy is proper, but I like the look! Way to go!

denise ippolito
05-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Mark, This is the Americanized Asian look! Complete with red/white/blue!! Love the contemporary feel to this! I also have enjoyed the week-and your show as usual!!

Mark Fuge
05-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Mark, this is not a traditional Asian look but Asian non the less! Nice work, I like the open space on the right and the placement of the bird and chop. I wonder whether the calligraphy is proper, but I like the look! Way to go!

Agree Dan. Just wanted to do it, for what it was worth. I had to redo the background and as the photo was basically a blue background, stuck with that. Thought it would be easier, but it wasn't. Then it was too late to start over!

Not sure about your question on the calligraphy? It is serenity, in Japanese, as best I could do it. As it was one word, wasn't sure where to break it if it were vertical. Not that up on Oriental spelling! ;)

It was just fun, and I learned a few new techiques this week to help future efforts. This might make a good abstract for a future posting! Will have to try that as well.