PDA

View Full Version : Star Trails at White dome Geyser

Roman Kurywczak
02-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Taken in Yellowstone NP with a Canon EOS 3 with a Canon 28-135 lens set at 30mm on a tripod with a Graf Studioball. Exposure was set manually at f4.5 for 1 hour on Kodak E100VS film. The breaks in the trails occured when a ranger came to pay us a visit. Lit/painted the erupting geyser with a flashlight.

David Kennedy
02-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Roman,
I think this is a really interesting image but that it suffers from a lack of foreground. (I know it's hard to compose in the dark!!!) To compensate, I might suggest a crop along the lines of this example below, which would restore some of the balance to the image.

Cheers!
David

Maxis Gamez
02-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi Roman,

This is absolutely fantastic. I don't agree with David's advice but a comment to think about for the next image. I do however would like to see the sky a little darker!

D. Robert Franz
02-07-2008, 11:32 AM
I really like this image. I'm sure the original transparency is spectacular. I like the placement of Polaris on the upper left PP. I've often thought about doing some of this type of photography in the geyser basins but I'm usually wiped out at night from being out all day... Maybe this year!

Mike Moats
02-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Hey Roman really cool image. Well done.