PDA

View Full Version : Late Gothic Style Bavarian Church

John Lowin
05-30-2009, 11:34 AM
This image is the Wallfahrtskirche Maria Vesperbild near Fishach, in Bavaria, Germany. As with most of our trip, it was either raining or threatening rain. Some of the smallest Bavarian villages have spectacular churches. This is one that I found quite striking, not only for the architecture and interior decoration but for the setting. Hope you like it as well. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. John

f/20 1/150 ISO 800
Canon 1D Mk II
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM @ 24mm
hh

Fabs Forns
05-30-2009, 09:26 PM
The flowers in the foreground really add to the image, Minimizing the sky like you did was a wise move. Very nice.

Dave Leroy
05-31-2009, 09:41 AM
It looks like a tough shot to get the important items in John, church, cross, tree, and landscape. You did well. Dave

Roman Kurywczak
05-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey John,
I like the way the flowers and greenery form a line to lead you to the church. You may want to try tweaking the sky just a bit more to bring out a bit more detail and I would also recommend a very small crop....off the RH side (where the little greenery goes up) at the trunk of the reddish tree.....or even the white sky spot near it (although a clone out of that would also work).....just a few things to explore. I do like the play of strong colors in the image and feel they work together very nicely.

John Lowin
05-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi Roman, Thanks for your comments, do you like this better? - John

Hey John,
I like the way the flowers and greenery form a line to lead you to the church. You may want to try tweaking the sky just a bit more to bring out a bit more detail and I would also recommend a very small crop....off the RH side (where the little greenery goes up) at the trunk of the reddish tree.....or even the white sky spot near it (although a clone out of that would also work).....just a few things to explore. I do like the play of strong colors in the image and feel they work together very nicely.

Roman Kurywczak
05-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Yeah John I do! I think this was the final tweak as the sky....yes grey....but interesting with some texture....the whole church seems to stand out more as does the cross. Nice job filling in the patch of white too.