PDA

View Full Version : Bromeliads In My Yard

Charles Wesley
05-30-2009, 07:54 AM
You either like soft focus or you hate it. I really like the technique as a change of pace. Here I used it to help soften the look of my bromeliads and give the entire a glow. They now have a dream like feel to me.

Canon EOS- 1D, EF 100- 400 mm L lens @ 210 zoom setting and tripod no flash. My exposure was 1/ 60 sec. @ f/ 6.3 ISO 320.

Hope you like the effect. It's not for everyone....

Charlie Wesley
St. Augustine Beach, FL
http://naturesphotographs.com

Anita Bower
05-30-2009, 11:10 AM
I like the soft focus!

Julie Kenward
05-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Me too! Another way to get this is to over indulge in noise reduction...it will give the same soft feel in most cases.

I like your comp (although I find myself wanting to see more of the greenery below) but I also think this would work well as a vertical. Great aesthetic feel to this Charlie!

Roman Kurywczak
05-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Hey Charles,
Very nice mood captured here and this just has that nice soft feel to it......which I am not very good at capturing......but I am trying! Agree with a bit more on the bottom perhaps......but still captured very nicely.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-30-2009, 02:51 PM
The colors of passion!

Lovely pair of bromeliads. I would desat the BG a bit so your subjects would pop up even more.

Fabs Forns
05-30-2009, 09:09 PM
I like the painterly feel of this one, and the loose focus too. Right up my alley :)