PDA

View Full Version : flowers in Tenerife

Valerio Tarone
05-29-2009, 02:32 PM
I went for a small travel to Tenerife and lanzarote(Canary) to explore the blooming of the parks and the landscapes of vulcanos. The cerco dos cliquos has deserved a plenty of shots, but it' for another thread. Here, a plan of yellow flowers draw my attention.
Sigma 35mm
ISO 200
Aperture priority
spot
-0,3EV
minimum changes in Nikon Capture
I waited the late afternoon for a better light.
C&C welcome

Fabs Forns
05-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I like your composition, Valerio only wish you could get more detail out of the shadows and a little more punch to the flowers.

Dave Leroy
05-31-2009, 09:44 AM
It looks like a very lovely spot Valerio. I also agree with Fabs comments about needs "more punch". I just don't know how to do that. Tks for posting. Dave

Roman Kurywczak
05-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi Valerio,
It does indeed look like a lovely spot! In this case you may have to work a bit on the post processing to bring up the shadow areas a bit. Anovercast day would probably have made this scene really stand out....but with the light, you did the best you could. I would have preferred the path to be a bit more right, as the right side is a bit dark and dominant.....but that may be because of the light as presented. Hope you get a chance to re-visit this scene on another day.

Valerio Tarone
06-02-2009, 07:56 AM
thanks to everyone, constructive comments. How to get 'more punch'? I've only boost ,more than before, the contrast and slightly modified the Histogram. Nb. dpi are 72 but I've maintained high 'quality'