PDA

View Full Version : Last Light

Dave Mills
05-29-2009, 11:31 AM
I shot this in California with the late light hitting the mountain peak being intense.(that was the true color) I'm not sure of this image's appeal so I'm looking for other opinions.
Nikon D200 24-120 lense F/22 .5 sec 2 stop split appliied 0 comp tripod mtd

John Lowin
05-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi Dave, I really like your comp. On my monitor the orange appears enhanced. I even see an orange cast working up into the sky and then sharply cutting off. The reflection of the green trees appears neutral while the reflection of the mountain peak almost matches the mountains. That's how I'm seeing it here. - John

Randy Stout
05-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Dave:

I like the concept, but it just didn't move me much, perhaps a bit 'flat'.

I tweaked it by applying a slight s curve adjustment, with midpoint pulled down a bit, and find it has a little more umph. Just my take. I think it played up the 'last light' aspect a bit more.

Randy

Valerio Tarone
05-29-2009, 12:24 PM
hi david Beatiful compo, gorgeous colours, lovely the reflex.

Dave Mills
05-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey Randy, I like what you did! I like the darker look to the mountains and tree line. Funny how sometimes one might over compensate to make sure you see the detail in the darks. I probably had my doubts due to the image not popping...Thanks again.
Also thanks John and Valerio

Roman Kurywczak
05-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Hey Dave,
Randy really brought up some more pop with levels and I think you may even go a bit further with contrast. Nice job keeping the FG rocks out of the reflection too. Well done.

Fabs Forns
05-30-2009, 09:30 PM
I ike the graphic quality of this, Dave, you could almost blur the whole thing and have an abstract, elements worl well. The repost is too red for me, I prefer the original, then again, I'm not a high contrast fan.

Randy Stout
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Fabs:

After reading your comments, I looked at it again, on a different monitor than the one I reposted it on, and yes, I agree my repost is too red on the better monitor. I do think though that the original can move a little in my direction and have more snap.

Cheers

Randy

Dave Mills
05-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Randy, I agree. I'm moving it a bit in your direction...