PDA

View Full Version : Wildflowers in Grand Tetons?

Carl Gandolfo
05-29-2009, 09:38 AM
I'll be heading out there in another week or so to shoot the spring flowers, landscape and wildlife (hopefully the snow-capped peaks hold on until I get there! :) ).

Are there any reports on how this year's wildflower season is shaping up? Any suggestions of places in the Park known as better wildflowers venues? I am very familiar with the Park having been there numerous times, but always later in fall.

Thanks in advance.

Carl

Kerry Perkins
06-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Carl, if the weather holds I am going to be down there this week. I am in West Yellowstone today and spending the week in YSNP. I am planning a day trip down to Tetons and if that works out I will report back to you on the flowers. Snow should be no problem, as there is still snow forecast this week.

Carl Gandolfo
06-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks, Kerry!! Have fun!!

Kerry Perkins
06-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey Carl, we were at Grand Tetons yesterday and the flowers are definitely starting to break out! It has been raining heavily in the area and I think the next couple of weeks are going to be great for the flowers. There is still good snow on the peaks and more on the way tonight. Have a great trip and post some of your images for us!