PDA

View Full Version : Gift Memberships

Kent Wilson
05-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Is there a way to give a membership to BPN as a gift to a friend?

Alfred Forns
05-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Sure Ken Great idea !!!

Got a couple of ideas and will get right back to you !!!

Desmond Chan
05-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Is there a way to give a membership to BPN as a gift to a friend?

Couldn't you just pay for your friend's membership fee? :)

Kent Wilson
05-30-2009, 07:33 AM
That's the idea, but when I go to the membership page, my own membership data comes up. I don't see a way to enter information for my friend.

Also, all I have for him is his name, email address, and a phone number.

What I would like to be able to do is to pay for a membership in his name with the info I have, and have a notice sent to him from BPN saying that I gave him a membership.

If you see a way to do this, please let me know.

Desmond Chan
05-30-2009, 01:55 PM
That's the idea, but when I go to the membership page, my own membership data comes up. I don't see a way to enter information for my friend.

Also, all I have for him is his name, email address, and a phone number.

What I would like to be able to do is to pay for a membership in his name with the info I have, and have a notice sent to him from BPN saying that I gave him a membership.

If you see a way to do this, please let me know.

How about you just click on "Register here" (perhaps without logging in first) and fill out the form, etc., just like anyone would if they want to join?

As for the notice, perhaps Al or somebody else could make some arrangement if you let them know your intent in advance?

Kent Wilson
05-30-2009, 06:22 PM
I tried that but the tricky devil seems to recognize me anyway. It looks like I could work around it, but not very easily.

It would be better, even if this worked, to have a straightforward way to do this. I hope that giving BPN as a gift to a fellow photography would become a popular thing to do.

If I missed something and your suggestion works, please let me know. I may be suffering from multiple senior moments.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-30-2009, 06:35 PM
I tried that but the tricky devil seems to recognize me anyway. It looks like I could work around it, but not very easily.

It would be better, even if this worked, to have a straightforward way to do this. I hope that giving BPN as a gift to a fellow photography would become a popular thing to do.

If I missed something and your suggestion works, please let me know. I may be suffering from multiple senior moments.

I think it is a great idea. For now you could try to delete the cookies in your browser first before registering a new member.

Kent Wilson
05-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks, Axel. That worked. And thanks, Desmond, for your suggestions; they got me on the right track.

I hope the publishers will go ahead and make this a bit more elegant. I was a bit worried that I'd end up with two subscriptions and my friend with none. As it is, I'm wondering if in a year a renewal notice willbe sent to me or to him?

Desmond Chan
06-01-2009, 11:19 PM
And thanks, Desmond, for your suggestions

You're welcome, Kent !