PDA

View Full Version : AND THE WINNER IS...

Julie Kenward
05-29-2009, 02:30 AM
Congratulations to JOHN LOWIN (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37296)and ROMAN KURYWCZAK (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37128)for their winning entries in the Macro Memorial Day Challenge! Because Roman is moderator extraordinaire in the Lovely Landscape forum below, the hat goes to John who beat out almost a dozen competitors for this grand prize! :D:):D

Congratulations to everyone who took on the challenge and stepped out of their comfort zone to try one of the extreme ends on the aperture ring. I hope you all had a great time stretching your talents. There were some extraordinary entries this year - so many that I think we might just be doing this again sometime soon. ;)

Again, congrats to the two tied winners - you get bragging rights until Memorial Day weekend 2010!

John Lowin
05-29-2009, 05:45 AM
Thank you one and all for your comments, kind words and votes. Makes an old man feel good. I really appreciate them. This is quite an honor, and I'm grateful for your votes and the recognition. Congratulations to all of you that entered the MMDC competition, your images were awesome. I enjoyed all of them and thank you for selecting my image as one of the finalists. The challenge really made me think in a way that I do not usually shoot, and for that too, I am grateful. Thanks again.

This web site has been such a great learning experience for me, my thanks to all of you that have brought me to this point - John Lowin

denise ippolito
05-29-2009, 06:25 AM
John, Big Congratulations on a SUPER win!!!!!! Your image was beautiful and I hope you print it! Congratulations to Roman, That was a beautiful image- and congratulations to all the other contestants! Well done!!

Kaushik Balakumar
05-29-2009, 06:34 AM
CONGRATS John & Roman !

Richard Lovison
05-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Congratulations to John and Roman! Both submissions were superb. Well done.

Christopher Miller
05-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Congratulations John and Roman! It was a very fun challenge!

Alfred Forns
05-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Big Congrats Guys !!!! This was one GREAT contest with some many cool images !!!!

Dave Leroy
05-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Well done John and Roman. Two lovely photos among many. Dave

Mike Moats
05-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Big congrat guys, and next year I won't be disqualified so look out.:eek::D

Fabs Forns
05-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Congratulations to both of you, very well done!

Kyle Marie Barcelos
05-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Congrats to the both of you.

Roman Kurywczak
05-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks All! And a big Congrats to John.....very well done and wear the hat proudly! I also want to give a big thanks and shout out to Jules!.....if it wasn't for the challenge, I would not have stepped out of my comfort zone and never even thought of the happy accident....which I applied to the Iris! Got to see if I can get you one of the hats!
Not looking forward to next year.....as everyone had some strong entries and expect the same of better next year! Not looking forward to Mike coming back with a vengance either:D . Will keep practicing the 3.5 stuff but tough to resist the f32! Thanks again!

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Big congrats guys!

Stuart Frohm
05-30-2009, 06:29 AM
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all who participated. Jules, thanks again for the opportunity.
Stu

Julie Kenward
05-30-2009, 11:17 AM
We had so much fun...I say we try another one for the 4th of July! If anyone gets any great ideas for the next challenge send me a PM and we'll see what we can come up with.

Bruce Murden
05-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Congrats John! Oh, hey, and Roman too. Always good to see people suck up to the moderators :)

Thomas Herou
05-31-2009, 05:35 AM
Congrats!Well done!