PDA

View Full Version : Lenox Dale

Richard Lovison
05-28-2009, 05:57 PM
http://richardlovison.com/photos/lenox.jpg
© reserved 2009, Richard Lovison

This was taken in the fall at a very peaceful, beautiful place -- though looks can be deceiving. GE was responsible for PCB contamination here and now fishing, swimming and boating is prohibited. I wonder if we will ever learn that the earth is something to be nurtured and not exploited.

Olympus E-1
ZD 40-150mm @ 118mm
manual exposure - 1/13 sec at f8
manual focusing
ISO 100

Kaushik Balakumar
05-29-2009, 06:02 AM
Agree with your thoughts Richard on nature being exploited.
Love the colours in the image. The water mirroring the colours along with floating algae look nice.
Might go a little less aggressive on sharpening though.

Roman Kurywczak
05-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Hey Richard,
I share your philosophy but feel that we are definitely learning as a species.....but sometimes it takes us a while!
I think you were going for the play o flight in the leaves and water......difficult to really control in the field.....but decided to play around in PP'ing. I used a combo of curves and S/H...highlights only.... to tone down the water. I then basically used the dodge/burn tool to further emphasises the interplay between the shadows and the highlights....could spend hours here.....but just did about 10 minutes to give you an idea........this gave the more impressionistic look that I feel you were going for.....but let me know either way. I think that you have found a very special place and maybe concentrating on what is coming back/ the re-birth....is the way to go and sharing your photos may have a bigger impact than you can imagine! Looking forward to more.
PS 50 quality on re-post to make it fit!

Richard Lovison
05-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Roman,

Thanks for the input and for taking the time to do a corrected image. I like what you did with lightening up the darker greens in the upper two thirds of the image and the darkening of the water. Your corrections removes the bit of harshness and adds more depth.