PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone Aspens

Fabs Forns
05-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Warming up for my next trip, here's one from the winter, magical place :)

Date: 12/15/08
Model: NIKON D3
Lens (mm): 34
ISO: 400
Aperture: 10
Shutter: 1/1000
Program: Manual
Focus Mode: AF-S

Gayle Clement
05-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Beautiful, Fabs. I enjoyed following your trip last winter and I'm sure the next will be as wonderful.

Tell Dickinson
05-28-2009, 01:43 AM
Lovely scene Fabs, not sure if I like the frame cutting through the left hand tree ?

Roman Kurywczak
05-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi Fabs,
Very nicely captured and I do especially like the pp'ing and the frame. I see what tell is talking about.....and am torn.....while I feel the point is very valid.......makes me feel like the scene fades to softness and continues......so I am OK with it as presented. I like the way you included all the trees and how they frame the distant mountain. Only recomendation I can make is to tweak the smallest tree and possibly the RH side one .....just to make them stand out a bit more from the BG. All in all this is very well seen and composed!

Richard Lovison
05-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Fabs,

It is a magical place and you captured it well. I hope one day my wife and I can make it out there.

The quality of the light is beautiful. The only change I would recommend is to crop out the three smaller trees on the far left and let the image begin from the left with the tallest trees.

Kaushik Balakumar
05-29-2009, 05:54 AM
Beautiful image with nice composition. Liked the line of trees.
The colours look nice and non-exaggerated.