PDA

View Full Version : ORANGE HEADE GROUND TRUSH

Harshad Barve
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Made this image in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
These are real skullers and gets camoflauged with summer colors of Central & western India.

Right now in best of his colors and endemic to Indian Subcontinent

Made with Nikon D300/600MM VRII/Beanbag at ISO 200

C & C most welcome

Harshad

P.S. Is this species found over there ?

Ilija Dukovski
05-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Excellent sharpness and detail, the perch although quite large goes very well here,
great texture on the perch too. The BG is quite good too.
I wish the bird turned a bit more toward the camera and made eye contact,
still it is very nice image, I like it!

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-27-2009, 10:52 PM
P.S. Is this species found over there ?[/quote]

Of course not. Do you have a bird book of the birds of India? well, if you don't then you should buy one since it is very important to learn a little bit of the species we photograph, in my case, if I upload a picture of an endemic or very elusive bird then I will let people know about it since this adds more to the image, I believe. Please take this just as a suggestion.

Love this bird, the colors, HA and and sharpness. Please keep them coming.

Fabs Forns
05-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Beautiful bird and I have to agree with Ilija on all points. You are a versatile photographer, great tigers and now birds :)

Phil Liew
05-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Your species appear slightly different from those here in Malaysia. Would that be a Juvenile male, just to confirm the species then - zoothera critina.

Lovely BG and only wish the head turn was a little more towards you.

Harshad Barve
05-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Hi Juan

I have the book and I just loves to study behaviour of birds :D

I raised question because there are lot of species found all over world like Bee eaters may be in diffrent colors. This is not so rare bird but elusive one.

Thanks for stopping by

Harshad

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Hi Juan

I have the book and I just loves to study behaviour of birds :D

I raised question because there are lot of species found all over world like Bee eaters may be in diffrent colors. This is not so rare bird but elusive one.

Thanks for stopping by

Harshad

Bee eaters?
I guess we have nothing like bee eaters in America, in fact, I guess the most similar bird to a bee eater is a Motmot. One question, how many bird species do you guys have in India? I can imaging you must have A LOT.

Harshad Barve
05-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Bee eaters?
I guess we have nothing like bee eaters in America, in fact, I guess the most similar bird to a bee eater is a Motmot. One question, how many bird species do you guys have in India? I can imaging you must have A LOT.

If I am not wrong we have 1295 species with so many sub-species, Life is so short to see them, I have not even seen 300. Most importantly so much work going on in Arunachal Pardesh ( Specially NE India) to find new ones. Recently one species found called Bugun Liocichla
If you are intersted in Indian birds pl visit www.kolkatabirds.com (http://www.kolkatabirds.com)

Hope to see more of them.:)

Harshad

Stu Bowie
05-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Harshad, super pose, showing excellent feather detail. This is sharp, and I like the light in this too. Cool perch, and a great OOF BG. Comp wise, I would maybe take a bit off the LHS.

Nagesh Mula
05-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Beautiful picture Harshad, Congrats!!

Tony Whitehead
05-28-2009, 03:19 AM
Lovely image, Harshad. Typical thrush pose and lovely light, perch and BG. Your DOF has covered the bird well and reveals lovely detail in the plumage.