PDA

View Full Version : Wait for me Mom

Stu Bowie
05-27-2009, 01:17 PM
This little guy was quite safe. He was following his mom and dad, but just lagged behind, so it was perfect for me to separate him for this capture. Pilanesberg Nature Reserve, South Africa. The ground was sloping, thus he is walking up hill.

Canon 50D
100-400 L IS USM @400mm
1/2000
F/8
ISO 400

Exp Comp -0.33
Hand Held

Fabs Forns
05-27-2009, 10:09 PM
How very cute!!! He seems determined and know where he's going to. Nice placement in the frame and EXP.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Stuart,
I like this image. Cute fellow. It is not easy to get one at a distance from the mom. In India, Tiger often tries to get an elephant calf from a big herd. I have seen tiger circling around the herd and roaring to unnerve the herd and force the mother and calf to separate from the main herd. The roaring and trumpeting can be unnerving to us. I am sure, the calf can fall prey to lions if they wander around.

I agree with your composition. I would have tried a higher aperture and lower shutter speed as well. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Steve Maxson
05-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I like the pose and comp - as well as the story line. I would only wish for a better light angle to brighten up the lower side of the head and trunk.