PDA

View Full Version : Assassin bug

Alfred Forns
05-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Temperatures going up and bugs coming out Found some assassin bugs and trying some different angles Will be after them soon again !!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon 50D
Sigma 180 macro
f 3.5 1/320 sec
ISO 400
Av - 1/3
tripod

Richard Lovison
05-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Bugs... I dislike bugs. I'm still reeling from the site of that earwig. :)

The colors are fantastic with the complimentary hues of blue and orange. I don't know how important it is to have both antenna fully in the image but if it isn't, I would like to see a tighter crop.

denise ippolito
05-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Alfred, Colors and composition are very nice! You managed to make a bug look cute!!

Gus Cobos
05-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Excellent composition and execution...I like the perspective and focus point with the complimentary depth of field...the feel is over the top...your subject is sharp with very good color rendition, and I like his placement in frame...the composition is balanced and has symmetry...well done Sir...looking forward to more...:cool:

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Sharp where must be!

Killer BG Al.

Mike Moats
05-28-2009, 05:53 AM
Hey Al, see your back to wide open. Like the DOF with just those beading little eye nice and sharp.

Julie Kenward
05-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Love the HA on this one! I think your DOF could be a little bit higher but then I really like having only part of him in tack-sharp focus.

Fabs Forns
05-28-2009, 12:01 PM
I love the way you captured him almost floating, Great BG and colors. I wonder if they can be baited :P

Thomas Herou
05-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I think you've catched a bug,Al!:D
Fantastic colors and nice comp and BG.
Here in Sweden these bugs are quite small,ap.15mm.

Bob Allen
05-31-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm not a fan of limited DOF, but it works with this image. Dead-on in-your-face angle, plus the colors, really pulls one into the image. Love that the proboscis is in focus. No, don't crop the antennae out, they should always be completely within the shot, unless one is going for a super-closeup of a part of the head.

In the US., assassin bug nymphs such as this one are often quite colorful. Adults of most species are tan or black as adults. Here in southern California, they can be quite large, up to 2 cm long. And their bite hurts. A well-named family of true bugs.