PDA

View Full Version : Grabbing the Bull!

Dan Brown
05-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Another from the Portuguese Bullfight in Stevinson CA. This is an event that was called "grabbing the Bull" by the people watching around me! 6 or 7 guys line up one behind the other, then the bull charges the first one in the line, then the second one tries to jump on and then the rest of them mob the bull to control him. It works ok but in this instance, the second guy fell off and was nearly trampled!

Gus Cobos
05-27-2009, 05:01 AM
Love it...:eek: I think the bull is winning...:D Ole...:p:cool:

Alfred Forns
05-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Those are some tough people ... that has to hurt and one instance is best to be on the back of the line :)

Dave Mills
05-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Great action Dan! Caught it at the perfect moment!!

Alfred Forns
05-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi Dan Any report of injuries for those events !!!

Chris Hansen
05-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Nice shot Dan.It really shows how tough this event is. Did these guys get a second chance at the bull? When i was at one at Crow's Landing many years ago some team members actually begged the arena judge for a third attempt after they were beaten up pretty badly by the bull. It is a serious loss of pride if your team doesn't succeed in this event.

God's light and love to all,
chris

Alfred Forns
05-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Dan do they get to wear some chest protectors? I know the clowns in the rodeo use chest protectors !!! Tough sport !!

Brian Barcelos
05-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Mr. Forns, They don't even wear cups!! I always thought that these Forcados (That's their job title) were the craziest people around. Who the heck would want to stand in front of a up to 1600 pounds of raw P.O.ed beef, certainly not myself. I've watched a few bullfights were they have gotten injured but it's not often. This guys live for this stuff and train pretty vigourosly. Oh and Dan, another great pause of the action. I lived in California for four years and only found out about these bullfights when I was about to ETS out of the Army. I hadn't been to a Bullfight since the last time I was in Portugal(19 years ago).
Brian

Alfred Forns
05-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info Brian That is wild !!!!!!!

Harold Davis
05-27-2009, 07:12 PM
i dont care if they dont get hurt very often.....they are still crazy!!!!! muy loco!!!! thanks for sharing dan. really cool captures!!!!