PDA

View Full Version : Gorge Pathway

Gordon Craig
05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
I took this in the Hocking Hills area of Central Ohio. Specifically Old Man's Cave state park. There are about 10 miles of trails running through a Gorge with some beautiful sites. I don't have much experience shooting in rocky terrain and would welcome comments. I used a Canon 5D with a Canon 28-300 mm lens. The aperture was F/27, the shutter was 10 seconds and the ISO was 100.

Roman Kurywczak
05-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey Gordon,
Tough lighting in this scene but i think you handled it pretty well but it would have been easier on an overcast day. It doesn't appear sharp...but at f27 it is eithe PP'ing or shake from the 10 second SS. I may lighten the 2 larger areas of the rocks in the shadows but the bright areas are still destracting. Compositionally I like the way the path leads us through the image and the rocks frame it. Still....the sharpness is the main issue here so see if yo can bring it up.

Fabs Forns
05-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Great critique from Roman and also I think you could go back on the green saturation. Harsh light worked against you here.

Paul Marcellini
05-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Roman got you covered, overcast helps for forest scenes. This looks like a great place to keep exploring. Also keep in mind, that you can get a pretty strong green cast from the light filtering through the leaves. So take that into account when processing.