PDA

View Full Version : Everglades Meadow

Ed Cordes
05-26-2009, 08:43 PM
I made this image last March. Everglades landscapes are hard to do - for me anyway. I Like the dead tree and the golden grass.

1DMK2 with 24-105 @ 35mm. ISO 100 with f9 and 1/250. Full frame.

Thanks for looking! C&C welcome.

Paul Marcellini
05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
I know that tree well Ed. This is one of the few scenes I think works well in midday because the foreground is a translucent succulent that can really glow in the light. It is actually saltwart, ask Roman how it tastes. =) For the scen I think I might like the tree a little more off-center and even though it seems straight by checking with a line, it looks like it is leaning right to me. I have actaully been exploring this type of habitat lately and i love the gold/blue combo you got here.

Roman Kurywczak
05-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Ed,
Know this one well too......Late day it really glows......and for the taste record....Salty! (in a good way and would go great with a beer:D). You had great clouds and agree with Paul on the tree placement too.

Dave Mills
05-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Ed, I like the color of the foreground very much but I feel the time of day isn't working for you. The tree loses alot of impact due to the lighting and the merge with the backround trees takes away from it's strength..As Roman stated I would like to see this with a late day glow!!

Ed Cordes
05-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the comments. Yes, the time of day - about 10:30 AM was a bit bright with the Sun directly behind me. However, you know how it is when you are travelling. This was the last day in the Everglades and I finally noticed the scenery (had to take my eyes off the birds to do this!

Do you think if I turned down the exposure and/or brightness in LR I could tone it down enough to make it more interesting?

Dave Mills
05-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Ed, I don't have LR but its certainly worth a try. In hindsight, when you composed the image the tree might have been stronger if you had moved to the left and positioned the tree so the backround was the farther tree line. That would have minimalized the merge.However, alot of times it comes down to lighting and the effects that creates.

Fabs Forns
05-27-2009, 11:43 PM
I like the colors very much, Ed, and also think Dave's idea of placing the tree on the left would have been nice. I know how hard it is to switch from bird mode to landscape mode :)