PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Crown Kinglet

Dave Phillips
05-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Got this little fast mover just before Christmas. Might as well call
him "Goldfinger"

400mm w/1.4X TC, ISO 640, 1/125, f/8
The light was low and the shutter slow as I recorded the glow(I'm a poet) :)

Thanks for looking in and continued c/c

Steve Maxson
05-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I like the soft light on the bird, Dave. Easy to see why you called it Goldfinger. :) Good sharpness and you even got a hint of that ruby crown.

Ilija Dukovski
05-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Very nice detail and sharpess, especially given the ligt conditions.
There's one aspect, though, in this image that makes it more than outstanding.
It s the fact that this bird never rests. I find it impossible to get a glipse of
a kinglet resting. Getting a photo of such an erratic mover is really a big deal IMHO.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Not easy to find one that is not moving, seeing the crown adds to it. I might remove the lower catchlight and wish there were no shadows on the plumage.

Dave Phillips
05-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Thank you all for input/comments......good point on the catchlight Axel, thanks

Kobus Tollig
05-27-2009, 02:12 AM
Great shot here. I like the comp detail and exposure. Pity about the shadow over the head. What is the red spot on the back of the head? Well done here

Jim Fenton
05-27-2009, 10:13 AM
I like the shadows on the bird as this is typically how I see this species...just not sitting still :)

I might blur the background a bit. I don't mind OOF pieces of habitat, but perhaps blurring the ones on the left side of the image might make them a bit less obvious?

Gayle Clement
05-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Wow! Nice detail in your photo of this fast little bird. I agree with Jim about blurring the background a bit, especially on the left. It takes a bit of attention from this sweet bird.