PDA

View Full Version : Painted Stork

susanschermer
05-26-2009, 03:11 PM
These birds are aptly named, especially with breeding plumage. Captured in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, a couple of months ago. India's a great location for wildlife. Oops! I should have cloned out the poop on the wing feathers.
1 D Mark III, 400 f/4 DO, ISO1250, 1/800 at f/4

Juan Aragonés
05-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Susan the eye contact is fantastic and I like the soft reflection of the bird in the water. If this is a crop I suggest to add more room at the left and at the top for a more interesting composition because the bird is a bit centered in the frame. I only can imagine how this image would look under a lower shooting angle :-)
I agree about cloning out the white drops in the black primaries

Richard Stern
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
I agree with Juan that the overall image is really good - sharp and well exposed, but needs more room on the left and the top. I'm not worried by the white marks on the primaries, but if you had caught the action a fraction of a second before or after, there would have been a bit more beak visible, and that would make it even better.

Richard

Fabs Forns
05-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Great critique above, mostly a matter of composition, although I thing it could use more punch.

Julie Kenward
05-26-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm with Fabs...I immediately thought a touch more contrast would give that bird more of a presence. Lovely eye contact, Susan.

Stu Bowie
05-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Stunning light on the head, and love the eye contact in this. Juan pretty much covered the comp.