PDA

View Full Version : Stars of the Everglades

Paul Marcellini
05-26-2009, 01:42 PM
On our way to Fakahatchee Strand Preserve State Park Rick and I stopped here for sunset. It is technically in Big Cypress National Preserve but basically it is all the Everglades ecosystem. With no time to spare I grabbed this comp. It was a mad dash to come up with something and I wished I had time to get it a little better but I'm happy with this still.

5d2, 16-35II@16mm, f18, 3 stop hard gnd

Douglas Bolt
05-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi Paul,

I like the image. Nice use of flowers in the foreground. I thought that adding a multiply blend to the sky and a screen blend to the rest of the image might give a little more dramatic effect. Dramatic may not have been what you had in mind, and I can certainly see that too. Just one more version.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Maybe the sky could have more drama, but it is well seen and composed. The starburst in the sky and the flowers echoing each other strengthen the image. Very beautiful Paul.

Roman Kurywczak
05-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey Paul,
Classic Paul M.....strong FG element with beautiful light and sky. I could go with the darker sky.....but Doug....FG looks darker/more contrasty in your re-post....sure it was a screen? I do like the added contrast but it did give a bit of color cast.....which is an easy fix.
Really nice comp bud and you've got to love the star burst!

Paul Marcellini
05-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks guys, I've played around with it but I like the lighter presentation. Everything thin was glowing with the backlight and even though I didn't get it as nice in camera as I saw it, I tried to keep that luminance as close as I could.

Kaushik Balakumar
05-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Beautiful frame. Love the composition & warm light.
Personally, I prefer the original post for its soft & diffused look.

Fabs Forns
05-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Love the glow in the flowers and the starburst. Compo's great, as it is your style.

Dave Mills
05-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Hey Paul, As usual...a great eye plus a great sky! Very nice!

Richard Lovison
05-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey Paul,

Beautiful image and I prefer the original. The quality and warmth of the light, the strong foreground with the three largest flowers in-line with the sun located at the power points and the beautiful sky works for me. Well done.

Gayle Clement
05-28-2009, 09:33 PM
I love the starburst effect and the composition. I do prefer the original with the emphasis on the foreground.