PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Mtn creek

Hazel Grant
05-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Had fun playing with the shadows and highlights on this one using some suggestions from Outdoor Photographer magazine. In the original, the highlights on the leaves practically glowed from poor white balance exposure. Do you think there is still too much white?

Hazel Grant
05-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Seeing how the post looks on the forum and then on my screen, I see the forum's post seems much lighter, so I did a little more adjustment and darkening. Hard to get them together.

Paul Marcellini
05-26-2009, 01:32 PM
It may be the bright grey background too. Forests are tough, soft light definitely helps. I like the comp and scene, the highlights are a touch intrusive for me. Also, the cropped rock lower right catches my eye, I would crop/clone it out.

Roman Kurywczak
05-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Hi Hazel,
Agree with Paul.....forest scenes with hihg contast....bright light are tough....although I think your compo is pretty good her but I too would ahve included the entire RC rock. You should definitely re-visit this scene on an overcast day....as it will make a dramtic difference. Do also remember to use a polariser filter....even on an overcast day to remove the glare on the water so that will reveal the rocks under water too.

Fabs Forns
05-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Mixed light is always a problem working around, you have to expose for two different light schemes and one is definitely going to be out of EXP. The composition is nice, so you should try the same with softer light or better overcast. Especially after a good rain :)