PDA

View Full Version : Golden Seas

Jeni Williams
05-26-2009, 07:56 AM
I tried another view of one posted previously - this time without the wave splashing.

Canon 1D Mk 11
focal length: 60mm
f/18
1/5sec.
ISO 200
Tripod
Remote release.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Jeni, I think I actually like the other one better. Here it looks like the FG rocks are getting cut off more, where with the other one I find more attention on the waves. I think in this one it would look better to have more rock showing. You seem to be getting some odd colours in the clouds, are you doing a S/H or bringing up the exposure a lot in them and introducing colour noise. Anyways I think you are on the right track. And you sure have some great material to work with!

Paul Marcellini
05-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Yes I like the wave action here, the errant splash is gone. I might try separating the tonalities of the rocks and water a bit more, Probably darken the rocks and add some more contrast to them.

Roman Kurywczak
05-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi Jeni,
Nice advice given above......I like Paul's idea of tweaking the rocks a bit more and am curious as to what PP technique you are using to bring up the clouds.......still....you are definitely improving with the seeing and composing....so those are big pluses! Looking forward to more of them.