PDA

View Full Version : ENTER THE GODESS

Harshad Barve
05-26-2009, 04:06 AM
Hi everyone

My first ever postings here.
Tiger is definately the KING of indian forest and I am fanatic for this creature

This image taken at Bandhavgarh National park.

She was sitting on hilltop and decided to came down.
Taken with Nikon D300 and 600MM VRII lens at ISO 200

Would love to see commnets from experts as I am new to photography as I have started in dec 2008.

C & C welcome

Harshad

Ken Watkins
05-26-2009, 07:17 AM
I am stunned an exceptional start!!!
I am sure others will suggest improvements, but at the moment I cannot think of any.
My only comment is that the Tiger is the King of all beasts not just the Indian jungle!

Harshad Barve
05-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey ken

Thanks for stopping
Keep eye on this place , many more to come :)

Harshad

Alfred Forns
05-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Hi Harshad It is one impressive image Animal with strong eye contact and moving toward you is just sweet !!!

I'm not one for lots of manipulating but would try a couple of things here .... the dark branch in the bg robbing attention and would also add some texture to the light area on the rock !!! This image Rocks !!! Looking forward to many more !!!!

Steve Mandel
05-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Wonderful shot. Just love the look on the tigers face. Keep up the great work.

Steve

Sabyasachi Patra
05-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Harshad,
As I have said earlier, this is one of your best images. The hill has given you a nice angle. The eye contact is nice. I like the sharpness and the composition. They light is falling on the right place. The front paw gives a sense of movement. I agree with Alfred regarding the bright white patch on the rock as it has lost details. Opening up the shadows a bit will help, but since I don't clone, would leave the dark branch at the back.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Fabs Forns
05-26-2009, 11:08 AM
red carpet welcome to BPN,

A spectacular entrance, very impressive image with good light, posse and eye contact.

Will be looking forward to more!

Dave Mills
05-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi Harshad, I noticed you were shooting at iso 200. With the D300 you can safely go to 600-800 iso without a noise problem.

Steve Canuel
05-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Welcome,
Nice light, color, and sharpness on this beautiful animal. Also like the eye contact. If the dark branch were not touching the tiger I wouldn't mind it too much but find it a bit distracting coming off the ear. If you don't like to clone/remove elements, cropping in tighter minimizes the branch for me.

Mital Patel
05-27-2009, 12:57 AM
this is a great image harshad, i would sure love to see more here and discuss by some experts on PP work.

Stephen Earle
05-27-2009, 07:45 AM
ver impressive! I had to look hard to find faults and the dark branch is perhaps all I would agree on.

Stu Bowie
05-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Harshad, eye contact at its best. I like how he is moving out of the shadows into light, together with the slightly raised paw. This is sharp, and the colours look great. Dark branch mentioned. Looking forward to more pleasing images from you.

Bill Jobes
05-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Harshad, this is fantastic.

Perfect exposure pays proper tribute to her majestic coloring.

I heartily agree with removing the dark BG branch, as well as toning down the hot spot at lower right.

Welcome, and please bring more images of these beautiful Tigers.

Steve Kaluski
12-28-2009, 05:05 AM
A stunning opening shot Harshad, with a huge amount of content. The Tiger is spot on in every detail and spec wise. Nits already covered by Alfred.

Steve

Harshad Barve
11-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Dear all , This image featured on cover page of Better Photography, Better Photography is best selling magazine on photography in India , This was wild life special issue