PDA

View Full Version : My lucky capture

Lorraine De Aguiar
02-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi, this bird only glanced my way for a second before turning away. I enjoy this one, because I have not been able to photograph a bird looking straight on to me. This was photographed on a trip to Anhinga Trail on January 5th.

Nikon D50, ISO 400, 200 mm, f5.3, 1/800

Thanks for any input,
Lorraine:)

Alfred Forns
02-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Hi Lorraine Big Welcome !!!!! Love your cormi Head on images are special Particularly as symmetrical as this one Bg is very good and attractive If you could line the sun behind you there will be even light on both sides Also try to focus on the eyes Move the sensor from the center and pick one then recompose Critical focus is just in front of the eyes

For these type images dof is not all that important as long as you nail the eyes perfectly Will be heading to Anhinga Sunday These guys are more plentiful now that at the beginning of the month !!!!

Nonda Surratt
02-02-2008, 10:18 AM
I like it!

Appreciate what Alfred said since it answered a DOF question I've had with images like this one.

Alfred Forns
02-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Nonda in most bird images the most important part (for sharpness) is the eye Get a sharp eye and the rest will fall into place !!!