PDA

View Full Version : Chalk-Browed Mockingbird

Ramon M. Casares
05-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi all, I have not been participating much lately, to be honest I was not in the mood for a few reasons, but well, I will not let worthless issues to keep me from enjoying this site so here's a Mokingbird that I have photographed in my backyard last week. Hope you like it :)

MarkII
1/1000Seg.
F5.6
+2/3
ISO 400
300mm f4
Hide
Feeder
Crop.

C&C welcome!

Axel Hildebrandt
05-25-2009, 05:27 PM
I guess you have to be a mockingbird to enjoy this meal. :) I like the details and eye contact and am wondering what it would look like as vertical crop.

Ilija Dukovski
05-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Excellent detail and sharpness, the grub is superbly positioned.
I would think of a bit different, perhaps vertical crop with the bird
more in the LRH corner.

In any case great shot, can't wait to
see your images when in good mood :)

Randy Stout
05-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Ramon:

Lovely exposure, sharp, nicely exposed, soft light, great eye contact with grub (although upside down.)

The color variation in the background catches my attention, but not enough to ruin this nice image.

Thanks for sharing, and hopefully things will smooth out.

Randy

denise ippolito
05-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Ramon, The clear eye and details are great! Beautiful soft light -The grub is a nice touch!

Jim Fenton
05-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Hello Ramon....

Personally, I like the horizontal presentation personally.

Definitely love the grub.

I would have cropped the right side to where the lowerer body curve and given just a tad more room on the left.

I would have applied a bit more sharpening to the eye itself.

Ramon M. Casares
05-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Thank you all for your thought, sugggestion and critiques, they are much apreciated, I tryed a vertcial crop but the image ended up too square and I didn't like it, still, I agree that I a would've composed vertical at the moment of the take it could've looked better, still, I do like this horizontal comp though :) but also agree that comp could have been better too. Thanks!

Dave Leroy
05-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Very nice photo Ramon. I particulary like the detail in the bird's eye. Very well done. Dave

Stu Bowie
05-26-2009, 02:13 AM
Ramon, nice and sharp, with lovely light and detail. I actually like the BG colours in this.

Dave Mills
05-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Ramon, A beautiful image! Well handled!

Nagesh Mula
05-26-2009, 11:34 AM
A beautiful picture well exposed and taken. Congratulations!!