PDA

View Full Version : IOA Valley - Maui

Mark Fuge
05-25-2009, 09:47 AM
This image is looking down the valley to the ocean. IOA <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/ /><st1:PlaceType w:st=</st1:PlaceType>Valley</ST1:p is a state park on the east shore of Maui. There are many beautiful flowers along with cascading stream (one of which is in the lower center) as well as the IAO Needle, a pinnacle rock that rise 1,200 feet above the valley. It was used by the warriors as a lookout point. <ST1:p<st1:PlaceName w:st="on">IOA</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Valley</st1:PlaceType> though beautiful today, was the site of one of the bloodiest battles of King Kamehameha in 1790, in his quest to control and unite the islands.

Gus Cobos
05-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Very nice...I like the wide angle perspective...would sure like to spend a few weeks of R&R there...:D:cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
05-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Looks just beautiful Mark!

Alfred Forns
05-25-2009, 08:13 PM
That is one green place !!! Luscious !!!

Dave Leroy
05-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Very nice photo Mark. Maui is a very popular winter vacation spot for people out west.
Dave

Mark Fuge
05-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Very nice...I like the wide angle perspective...would sure like to spend a few weeks of R&R there...:D:cool:

Gus,

That's the whole reason we went when we did. I was about two days from loosing it. :eek: Came home totally refreshed and alive. Have to get my doctor to perscribe that we go back about every few years for "medicinal reasons!!!" ;) :D

Florida is nice, but believe me, it ain't HAWAII!

Aloha!

Mark Fuge
05-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Very nice photo Mark. Maui is a very popular winter vacation spot for people out west. Dave

Thanks Dave.

And those with military relatives stationed there. My brother was there for 16 years of his 27 year tour. I've been there five times. Unfortunately, when you get to be our age you retire, as do your relatives! :(

Would like to move to the west coast to make it a short hop there, if I could be there to begin with!