PDA

View Full Version : MMCD: Peonies

Julie Kenward
05-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Well, as one who is always at the shallow end of the pool I had to "go deep" for the challenge and, wouldn't you know it...I don't think I got one decent image or one decent bit of inspiration all weekend.

I made some gorgeous bird photographs (but they don't count!) and some of the best images of clematis I feel I've ever done (all at the shallow end of the aperture pool.) So, here I am...

What to do?

Here's my answer to the challenge - a head on image of a pile of peonies I made Friday while strolling through Powell Gardens.

I am RUNNING back to f4 now and praying that we're never separated again! Oh, f4...how I missed you!!! :D:):D

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8 macro (2.8! Who doesn't love f/2.8?!!!)
f22 @ 1/30th, ISO 200
Manual mode, pattern metering, sunny WB, handheld
Processing: Slight crop and sharpening, contrast adjustment, added vibrance.

denise ippolito
05-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Julie, I am with you on the shallow end! I shot alot of images at f/22 for the challenge,and none looked good enough to post!At least not to me!! But you did much better than I did,Your composition is lovely and it has a very cohesive look!

Mike Moats
05-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey Jules f/32 is the easiest style to shoot, just find a subject (as you have here) where everthing is interesting, stop it down and shoot away without any worries. Well done, great colors.

Roman Kurywczak
05-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey Jules,
Welcome to my world!!!:D:D:D I agree with Mike....f32 is easy...once you find the right subject. I might have moved the UR bloom....to seperate it a bit more....but the color and sharpness are very nice!