PDA

View Full Version : Cypress B&W 4

Harold Davis
05-24-2009, 08:22 PM
hope you guys dont get tired of these. i'm gonna throw them out there til something sticks. i did tons of PP here. thanks again for all the help.

D300, 18-200 at 20mm, f/22, 1/8s, +1.0EV, ISO 800

comments and critiques appreciated.

Dave Phillips
05-24-2009, 08:26 PM
I like this much better than the last one. Much brighter and gives me
impression of a place I would like to visit. The tonality gives a nice clean look.
Don't care for the dark upper corners....dark ok, but not black, IMHO!

I won't get tired of these, because I see improvement and that's what this place is all about.

Harold Davis
05-24-2009, 08:31 PM
thanks dave!!

Jackie Schuknecht
05-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Harold, I like this image too and agree with Dave. You already have a nice range of tones on the tree and the corners seem to be competing and winning. IMHO. Very nice comp. Hope you try a rework of the sky:)

Roman Kurywczak
05-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey Harold,
Now were talking! You are getting close my friend......The whites her are a bit toasted in the sky but you did a great job on the cypress! Comp wise this is so far the best and the b&W conversion is also. Agree with the blacks.....even though I like black in IR....here just draws the eye too much......much cleaner on the water too....big plus. This one just needs a few tweaks to really shine! Keep pluggin' away.......that is the key!

Dave Phillips
05-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Harold, I wanted to come back and mention that the dodged areas in
the spanish moss are very obvious, sorry but I wanted you to know

Kaushik Balakumar
05-26-2009, 02:56 AM
Harold, liked this image more than the prev one. Nice treatment in BW conversion. Nicely composed frame & I especially liked the two top corners with darker sky which adds to the comp.

Paul Marcellini
05-26-2009, 12:33 PM
I love seeing these get better. Dave and Roman have made some good processing points, I will add that the middle grays in the clouds look a bit funky.