PDA

View Full Version : MMDC Shallow

Rene Quenneville
05-24-2009, 07:30 PM
I decided to go the shallow way. This is a Lillac flower in a vase on the kitche table. The secret is a 50mm lens at f/1.8 with a 12mm extension tube. The result is a dept of field sow shallow that it is difficult to assess in the view finder.
I chose not to push color saturation or contrast in order to keep the soft feel of the OOF. Hope you like it!

1/160
ISO 400
natural light with silver reflector fill light
f/1.8 with 12 mm extension tube
50mm
tripod

denise ippolito
05-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Rene, I think it's lovely -it looks like a painting! I like the chosen saturation and contrast and I also think a slice off the top. Nicely done.

Roman Kurywczak
05-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey Rene,
Effect here is very nice! I may have preferred a bit off top and some more of the buds on the bottom.....but don't know if that would have added more distractions. Very nice soft feel here!

Dave Leroy
05-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Very nice Rene. Really nice and soft. It reminds me of my Grandmother and her kitchen! Love the soft colours. Dave

Julie Kenward
05-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Very unique, Rene! I also thought you might go to the far end of the pool as well with your aperture. That said, I think I'd like the comp even more if you had angled the camera down below the buds and caught all of them in the photo. That said, this does have a painterly feel to it and the color palette is stunning!

Fabs Forns
05-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Superb pastel watercolors feel to this one, Rene, very creative and attractive. Kudos to you!