PDA

View Full Version : Open for Lunch

Mike Gibbons
05-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Baby great egret from Gatorland a couple of weeks back. I like the way these guys gape for food at this age. Cropped his slumbering nest mates from the original pic.

Canon Mark III
600MM F4
F5.6
1/1000
ISO 800

joel quenneville
05-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Interesting pose here Mike. It and the feather detail really make this image. I would suggest that you brighten the overall image and selectively add contrast to the eye. You might also want to clone the feather that crosses his pupil.

David Thomasson
05-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Nice one! Rather than brighten the whole image, I would brighten the bird and darken the background. (I'll be interested
to see if the Head Angle Police find an infraction here. :o)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2756/egret.jpg

Dave Phillips
05-24-2009, 08:42 PM
looks great David.....I bet the HAP will find that big gaping jaw
ok to take preference over the head turn.

repost looks a bit oversharpened here on the fine highlights, but color rendition is wonderful

Jeff Wear
05-24-2009, 09:57 PM
David did a nice job of perking up the shot --but GREAT caption :D very funny

Marina Scarr
05-26-2009, 06:31 AM
Hi Mike: It's great to see you posting. You have excellent detail in this chicks hairdo and the side of its throat. Love the yellows and greens you captured. It would have been great if you could have attained a little better head angle on this guy. Would love to see more of this series. Thank you for sharing.

Mike Gibbons
05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks Marina. I have a different chick with a better head angle but less dramatic gape. At this age (and younger), they can pull their eyes back into their sockets so far that the eyes are barely visible!