PDA

View Full Version : Saint Anthony, the matchmaker saint.

Mirenchu Fernandez
05-24-2009, 02:43 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3663/3513589499_f5fb47e65f_b.jpg
Saint Anthony is the patron saint of single women. If you pray
to him, he’ll bring you a husband.On June 13th, we celebrate the Day of Saint Anthony. He is one of the most popular saints in México, mainly because of his fame as the matchmaker saint.
An old tradition consists in people leaving the saint's image upside down blackmailing him to only put him in his normal position after they found a husband / wife.
Another way to force poor Saint Anthony to give a helping hand to the desperate singles is removing the baby Jesus from his arms and keeping them separated until a good wife (or husband) is found.

Gus Cobos
05-24-2009, 02:52 PM
I like the capture Lady Mirenchu...I like the story...so...how many matches have been made???:):cool:

Mirenchu Fernandez
05-24-2009, 03:04 PM
The picture was taken at "San Miguelito", a restaurant in Morelia, in Michoacan state, in Mexico. There they have the "Rincon de las Solteronas" where all the single women go and write down, asking to Saint Anthony, -in a notebook- their request for that special one. When I went, I saw a lot of notebooks filled with those request...and also there were a lot of pictures of couples that were "brought" together by Saint Anthony...I guess it works!

Alfred Forns
05-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Well done Mirenchu Love your travel images and with stories to go along with them !!! This is really good !!!
... he has his work cut out !!! :)

Kerry Perkins
05-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Very nice image and story Mirenchu. I'm having a hard time believing that this lady needed any divine intervention!

Mirenchu Fernandez
05-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Thank you very much! She is my daughter Ana...and yes! I'm praying to Saint Anthony too to find a good husband for her!!! : )

Harold Davis
05-25-2009, 05:50 AM
i agree with kerry. she will have no problem. i love the story. will have to forward this to my sister-in-law so she can get some help!!!:D

Jackie Schuknecht
05-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Near story and pic Mirenchu, somehow agree with about above comments about not having any trouble finding a husband:)