PDA

View Full Version : Redlands, Florida

Harold Davis
05-23-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm going to try to do a short series on Redlands, FL. This is the first one and starts the vegetable growing process that goes on in Redlands. It's nothing to see ten to fifteen of these water trucks slinging water simultaneously over one field. It's an awesome sight!!

denise ippolito
05-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Harold, The image looks neat! I love the tones.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Love the tones too Harold and all the jets spraying at once. Must be a lot of water in those trucks.

Mark Fuge
05-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Harold I like the shot, but would suggest you tweak it a little.

I cropped it to have the heavy end of the spray hit the left border, rather than the mist of the spray. I also cropped a little tighter in front of the truck. Not a major issue, but the area isn't needed to tell your story ... so I would suggest you consider cropping it.

I also did some lighting control. The image is good but the contrast and lighting is faint. I would suggest you play with it and see if you like it better.

I resized both images separately. Didn't intend for the revision to be bigger, but didn't go back after I joined them. Hope you don't mind. :o

Nice image. Like the effect of the water and the famous color of the Florida dirt! ;)

Harold Davis
05-23-2009, 05:33 PM
mark, how did u get color out of a black and white?

thanks for the tweaks. will go back and revisit.

Alfred Forns
05-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Harold I'm sure he will tell you but then .... would probably have to kill you :D:D

Remember that morning well You sure came up with a nice one Love everything about it !!!

Dave Leroy
05-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Wow! Must be a great looking sight Harold and a very nice photo. I imagine you must get some "rainbows"? Dave

Mark Fuge
05-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Harold I'm sure he will tell you but then .... would probably have to kill you :D

Remember that morning well You sure came up with a nice one Love everything about it !!!

Alfred's right!!!! :eek: :D

Actually, I just worked with the lighting. Fill flash a little, brighting and contrast control, until I got it to work.

To tell you the truth, as I was working on it I forgot it was a B&W image posted, until I had prepared the comparison for posting! :o Sometimes we are less observant that other times! ;)

I've found that sometimes the contrast control modifies the color. When I saw the Florida red, I thought it was right. I had a few in the Miniworld on OOTB that worked that way. It gave some interesting effects.

Gus Cobos
05-23-2009, 10:14 PM
I like it Doctor...well done...:cool: