PDA

View Full Version : Update on Wild Bird Rehabilitation - St. Louis, Mo.

David Kennedy
05-23-2009, 02:39 PM
A story told with photos and spoken words--just not text! An update to my previous posting from December. It's made with "Sound Slides," so I don't think I can embed the Flash presentation here, but I have posted it on my blog here:

http://blog.david-kennedy.com/2009/05/17/wild-bird-rehabilitation-part-one/

All feedback appreciated!
David

Lance Warley
05-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Beautifully done, David. The sincerity pours through the screen for this worthy, worthy cause. A complete pleasure to watch.

I also watched your second one, the one on MMA. Four stars - great work!

David Kennedy
05-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey, Lance,
Thanks for taking a look. Do you feel I have too many photos or that it runs too long?

That was certainly a criticism of the MMA piece you looked at, which was a group project and, as can happen when working with multiple photographers, everyone wanted to see their photos in the final piece, so we definitely crammed too many in. I'd also like to tighten up the MMA story by about a minute (there's some audio that, while good, would be better off in a separate, companion story).

Cheers,
David

Lance Warley
05-25-2009, 10:23 AM
My honest answer - I wish it ran longer, much longer. I love the way it told the story from the Family perspective. There are a couple of great characters in there that the camera and the audio seem to love - the founder and the woman fighter. Actually, I think it could make for a great hour-long TV show. Seriously.