PDA

View Full Version : MMDC:Between Worlds

Richard Lovison
05-23-2009, 12:08 PM
http://richardlovison.com/photos/macrocontest.jpg

I guess I'm the first. The lens used was the Vivitar Series I 90-180mm macro flat field zoom with the Olympus adapter. The widest aperture is f4.5. Here's the EXIF data:

<table><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" bgcolor="#dddddd">File</td></tr> <tr><td>FileName</td><td>_5231239.ORF</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" bgcolor="#dddddd">EXIF</td></tr> <tr><td>ImageWidth</td><td>3720</td></tr> <tr><td>ImageHeight</td><td>2800</td></tr> <tr><td>BitsPerSample</td><td>16</td></tr> <tr><td>Compression</td><td>Uncompressed</td></tr> <tr><td>PhotometricInterpretation</td><td>BlackIsZero</td></tr> <tr><td>ImageDescription</td><td>OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA</td></tr> <tr><td>Make</td><td>OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.</td></tr> <tr><td>Model</td><td>E-3</td></tr> <tr><td>StripOffsets</td><td>478218</td></tr> <tr><td>Orientation</td><td>Horizontal (normal)</td></tr> <tr><td>SamplesPerPixel</td><td>1</td></tr> <tr><td>RowsPerStrip</td><td>2800</td></tr> <tr><td>StripByteCounts</td><td>8713614</td></tr> <tr><td>XResolution</td><td>314</td></tr> <tr><td>YResolution</td><td>314</td></tr> <tr><td>PlanarConfiguration</td><td>Chunky</td></tr> <tr><td>ResolutionUnit</td><td>inches</td></tr> <tr><td>Software</td><td>Version 1.4</td></tr> <tr><td>ModifyDate</td><td>2009:05:23 09:33:57</td></tr> <tr><td>ExposureTime</td><td>1/800</td></tr> <tr><td>FNumber</td><td>4.5</td></tr> <tr><td>ExposureProgram</td><td>Manual</td></tr> <tr><td>ISO</td><td>100</td></tr> <tr><td>ExifVersion</td><td>0221</td></tr> <tr><td>DateTimeOriginal</td><td>2009:05:23 09:33:57</td></tr> <tr><td>CreateDate</td><td>2009:05:23 09:33:57</td></tr> <tr><td>ExposureCompensation</td><td>0</td></tr> <tr><td>MaxApertureValue</td><td>4.5</td></tr> <tr><td>MeteringMode</td><td>Center-weighted average</td></tr> <tr><td>LightSource</td><td>Fine Weather</td></tr> <tr><td>Flash</td><td>On, Did not fire
</td></tr> <tr><td>FocalLength</td><td>180.0 mm</td></tr> <tr><td>UserComment</td><td>
</td></tr> <tr><td>FlashpixVersion</td><td>0100</td></tr> <tr><td>ColorSpace</td><td>Uncalibrated</td></tr> <tr><td>FileSource</td><td>Digital Camera</td></tr> <tr><td>CFAPattern</td><td>[Red,Green][Green,Blue]</td></tr> <tr><td>CustomRendered</td><td>Normal</td></tr> <tr><td>ExposureMode</td><td>Manual</td></tr> <tr><td>WhiteBalance</td><td>Manual</td></tr> <tr><td>DigitalZoomRatio</td><td>1</td></tr> <tr><td>SceneCaptureType</td><td>Standard</td></tr> <tr><td>GainControl</td><td>None</td></tr> <tr><td>Contrast</td><td>Normal</td></tr> <tr><td>Saturation</td><td>Normal</td></tr> <tr><td>Sharpness</td><td>Soft</td></tr></tbody></table>

Julie Kenward
05-23-2009, 12:39 PM
You sure got a jump on things! I'm waiting till Monday night just in case I take that last minute winner image! I love the DOF here and the comp is beautiful and abstract. The green area at the bottom is a little heavy compared to all the rest of the soft, light colors - you might want to lighten that up.

denise ippolito
05-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Richard, I love it .There is a very peaceful flow to it.

Richard Lovison
05-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Julie,

I agree with your suggestion and dodged the green area near the bottom. Thanks for the input.

Thanks Denise for your support. :)

http://richardlovison.com/photos/macrocontest2.jpg

Kaushik Balakumar
05-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Excellent use of shallow DOF. Love the soft rendering of the flowers. Neatly composed frame.

Roman Kurywczak
05-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey Richard,
I find these very difficult but I think you handled this very well. I still struggle with how much needs to be soft and how much needs to be sharp.......re-post tweak was just the right touch. Nicely done!

Fabs Forns
05-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Very artistic, soft and mystical, I wouldn't change a thing.

Fabs Forns
05-25-2009, 05:56 PM
FOR ME THIS IS A WINNER!

Bruce Murden
05-26-2009, 09:32 AM
THIS IS THE WINNER Lovely impressionistic image -- and dodging the LL green spot helped it out.

Julie Kenward
05-26-2009, 06:37 PM
I agree...THIS IS THE WINNER! So many excellent images but this one really has the feel to it with just the right focal point.