PDA

View Full Version : Doritaenopsis Maria Shriver

John Lowin
05-23-2009, 11:41 AM
This is a cross of a Phaleanopsis and a Doritis. The plant has two bloom spikes, this is the smaller one. I wanted to get the blossoms as large as possible. They are five and one quarter inches across and very crystaline white, the yellow lip has deep magenta spots. The anther cap is also yellow. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

f/25 1s ISO 640
Canon 1D MkII
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Gitzo CF 1228 tripod
Arca Swiss B1 Ball Head

Julie Kenward
05-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Gorgeous! Nice clean BG and beautiful detail in the whites. Only possible suggestion is whether you want to leave the small piece of stem in the bottom left part of the flowers...purely your choice but it does jump out at me a bit.

Charles Wesley
05-23-2009, 01:23 PM
John,

Really like your photo. I find it difficult to shoot white phals. Good job on exposure and color with nice BG. Minor cloning could improve. That's up to you.

Thanks for sharing....

John Lowin
05-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks to both Charles and Julie for their comments. Do you like the repost better? - John

John,

Really like your photo. I find it difficult to shoot white phals. Good job on exposure and color with nice BG. Minor cloning could improve. That's up to you.

Thanks for sharing....

Charles Wesley
05-23-2009, 02:44 PM
John,

Looks good to me.

Joseph Martines
05-23-2009, 07:03 PM
You nailed that one.

Beautiful presentation of white on white/grey.

It is sharp and I like the texture.

Roman Kurywczak
05-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey John,
You handled the whites here well. Nice job with the flow of the comp too. Do like the bit of stem removal.....just the final nice tweak.

John Lowin
05-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks one and all for the comments and suggestions. - John