PDA

View Full Version : Just a Robin

Ilija Dukovski
05-22-2009, 10:17 PM
The problem here is that I burned the perch beyond recognition.
I tried to salvage in camera raw and darken selectively, but not sure about the result.

Nikon D80, Nikkor 300mm f/4 1/320 ISO400
Fill flash SB800, AP, Matrix

Critique appreciated...

Lance Peters
05-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Hi - Yes the perch does look a little over - looks like he would have cold feet - sort of looks like a block of ice.

Like the pose - good Ha and eye contact, good detail in the eye as well. BG compliments the bird nicely and gives him that bit of POP.
Looking forward to more :)

Alfred Forns
05-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Not much you could do about the perch except blocking the shadows on the bird Did very well !! I like how you lined up for a clean bg and got a great head angle Also like the crop minimizing the perch !!!

Cheryl Flory
05-23-2009, 08:53 AM
You have nice detail in the head feathers and the eye on your bird. These robins' eyes and head feathers are so dark that it is difficult to get detail in them. You also got a nice exposure on the beak. I just took robin pics, and got the eye and the details in the dark head feathers, but the beak was too hot. From photographing them I also learned they include beetles and small toads in their diet. amazing what you learn when willing to spend a bit of time......

nice image.

Gus Cobos
05-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi Ilija,
I like the composition, image and capture...you have sharp details, good color rendition, a good head angle and clear sharp eye....my suggestion would be to run a pass of noise reduction in the background...looking forward to your next one...:cool: