PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward

Gordon Craig
05-22-2009, 12:02 PM
I shot this in Hocking Hills, Ohio. Its a beautiful area outside of Logan. There is a 10 mile path that goes around a Gorge with some stunning scenery. The picture was shot using a Canon 5D, Canon 38 - 300 mm lens. The shutter was 1/2 sec, aperture was F5.6 and the ISO was 100.

Fabs Forns
05-22-2009, 10:00 PM
It loos like an interesting place to venture into. Nice placement of the cave in the frame. I suppose you were using a tripod from land, given the exposure time.
Thanks for sharing!

Roman Kurywczak
05-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Gordon,
Very interesting place and the dark grotto/cave really works here. I found myself cropping the top grass area out (try it by scrolling the browser).....you may want to then burn/clone some of the brighter grasses/vegetation left over to just clean it up a bit.....this further strengthens the cave's impact and really draws me into it. Not 100% sold on the color....as I do find it appealing but may just pull back a bit on the greens. Still, all in all well composed and a nice presentation of an very interesting place.

Harold Davis
05-23-2009, 06:34 PM
interesting for sure. looks like lots of possibilities. i like the crop from the top idea. could really shine with a few minor tweaks.

Kaushik Balakumar
05-24-2009, 06:44 PM
A lovely place this looks !
Nice greens. Would agree with Roman's cropping suggestion.