View Full Version : Draculas place

Stefan Jonsson
05-22-2009, 05:24 AM
From an old castle outside Stockholm

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2021/2044892308_91466d0896_o.jpg

Eos 5D, EF 16-35 II @f/16, 0,7 sec, ISO 50

Fabs Forns
05-22-2009, 10:01 PM
I love the mood and especially the patches of fog in the BG. The log in the foreground I find distracting because I can't see the beginning or the end of it.

Roman Kurywczak
05-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi Stefan,
The lighting is definitely magical and I am OK with the fog as presented......although like Fabs.....more would not have been a bad thing! I have debated with myself about the log in the LR........with no resolution. I find that cropping or cloning it out really doesn't work.....the more I look at it the more I would keep it......as it makes me feel as if I am almost stepping over it on my way to the mysterious castle. All in all well done and the mood and light captured are terrific.

Paul Wolf
05-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Stefan, I, too, like the fog and the lighting. Foreground to background is acceptably in focus; the sky is great, as well. It imparts a mood. In my repost, I narrowed the bright patch up front, darkened the far right of the log a bit, brightened up the castle and darkened around it. I also dodged the little rocks going up the hill and a bit of the fog in front of the castle. This, IMHO, serves to draw the viewer up the hill to the castle, yet still leaves enough detail to explore. I guess I found the green patch to lead me to the trees to the left of the castle, not to the castle itself.

Great image and subject matter, and exposure was so good that it makes it an easy image to work with.

Paul

Harold Davis
05-23-2009, 06:37 PM
dramatic light sure helps set the mood and you had it here! very nice. i like how the edges are burned in a little focusing on the center. i like the log in the fg. decent anchor point.

Stefan Jonsson
05-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks all for your comments.

Kaushik Balakumar
05-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Nice and dramatic light. The green pastures are nicely lit and glowing. Might exclude the trunk on the bottom of the frame though (just my taste).

Robert Amoruso
05-27-2009, 06:00 AM
I am OK with the trunk - agree with Roman it looks like you are stepping over it. Paul's work with the tonal separations is nicely done and creates a well defined leading line (brightly lite grass) in the image.