PDA

View Full Version : Roadrunner in the greens

My Hanh Dang
05-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Last summer I took a road trip from California to Florida. On the way, a stop in New Mexico yielded an encounter with the Greater Roadrunner in its non-typical lush green surroundings.
http://www.ndshow.com/FTP/Hanh-rr.jpg
Nikon D200 w Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 1/1250s @200mm ISO200, hand-held, no flash.

Thanks for looking,
Hanh
www.ndshow.com (http://www.ndshow.com/)

Brutus Ostling
05-22-2009, 01:11 AM
I like this envvironment. Best I've seen with this little, almost always very funny one. Good composition.:D

Tony Whitehead
05-22-2009, 03:07 AM
Welcome to BPN, Hanh. Nice habitat and sharpness. Good to see this bird in a different situation. Bird stands out beautifully against the BG and the composition suits the pose well. May be an option to clean up the twig that is touching the right side of the bird if you are that way inclined. Look forward to more of your images.

Maxis Gamez
05-22-2009, 04:49 AM
Hello and welcome.

I have to agree with Tony in all counts. Very interesting to see them in this habitat.

Thank you for sharing!

Alfred Forns
05-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Big Warm Welcome !!!!

Never seen one in this type setting Just lovely Do like it as presented and particularly like the overall feel !!! I like how it was carefully framed within the bg !!! Big Congrats and looking forward to many more !!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Big welcome to you My and what a lovely first post. I really like the pose in this image as well as the inclusion of the habitat. Congratulations on a fine first image and we will be looking forward to seeing your future posts. Many thanks for sharing.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Welcome to BPN, Hanh! Very nice first post. I like the composition, soft light and details. I would clone out the branch touching the bird and might tone down the part of the BG above the head. Keep them coming!

Arthur Morris
05-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Welcome. Yes to a nicely designed image. Sharp, with a good EXP. But, the branch touching the bird is a bit distracting and the bird's head needed to be turned a bit more towards you; square to the imaging sensor is best with over-the-shoulder poses.

My Hanh Dang
05-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Thank you for all the warm welcomes and the constructive comments. I have a feeling that I will learn a lot from this forum.
Is there a way for me to set up an automatic signature as other members, or do I have to type it in manually each time?

Arthur Morris
05-23-2009, 04:15 AM
If you click on your User CP you will be able to figure out how to enter a signature. Not only that, when you update it, it updates the signature on all of your posts. Pretty cool.

My Hanh Dang
05-23-2009, 11:31 AM
If you click on your User CP you will be able to figure out how to enter a signature. Not only that, when you update it, it updates the signature on all of your posts. Pretty cool.

Thank you Arthur. :)

Hanh