PDA

View Full Version : Blue-Winged Bee-Eater

Wolly Jam
05-21-2009, 08:07 PM
this couple was captured in a group of 9 of them in paddy field. your c & c is welcome..:D

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv66/walja/IMG_9261edcr.jpg

Arthur Morris
05-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Welcome Wolly, Where are you from? Where was the image created? Please include the technical info, lens, camera, EXP with your posts so that we can better help you.

Lovely birds and nice image. Sharp with a good EXP. Love the bird on our left. The bird on our right, with the shadow across its tail and wing, less so as the shadow is distracting.

Randy Stout
05-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Wolly:

Techs as Artie mentioned. I would be seriously tempted to clone out the branch to the left of the left bird. It bothers me, esp. the part that loops back towards us.

I also tried a horizontal crop to eliminate the large branch overhead and some of the space below, which doesn't add much to the image for me. Might be worth a try for you.

Thanks for posting.
Randy

Wolly Jam
05-22-2009, 12:56 AM
Welcome Wolly, Where are you from? Where was the image created? Please include the technical info, lens, camera, EXP with your posts so that we can better help you.

Lovely birds and nice image. Sharp with a good EXP. Love the bird on our left. The bird on our right, with the shadow across its tail and wing, less so as the shadow is distracting.

Arthur - Hi,
Thanks for your response. I'm from Singapore.. How are you doing? FYI, the bird was captured in State of Johor, Malaysia. It about 1.5 hours drive from Singapore. With regard to EXIF, I did this from my office which extracted from my photobucket account. The original copy is at home. Probably next post I will prepare the data first prior to post out in the this forum. Anyway, the image was taken by Canon EOS 50D with 400mm f/5.6 prime lens handheld and unflashed.

Kind regards.

Wolly J

Wolly Jam
05-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Wolly:

Techs as Artie mentioned. I would be seriously tempted to clone out the branch to the left of the left bird. It bothers me, esp. the part that loops back towards us.

I also tried a horizontal crop to eliminate the large branch overhead and some of the space below, which doesn't add much to the image for me. Might be worth a try for you.:D

Thanks for posting.
Randy

Randy - Hi,
Please do so and improve it as you like. Would appreciate your tips how to improve the image by PS or other softwares. Any chance to PM me. Thanks a mill.

Kind regards.

Wolly J

Tony Whitehead
05-22-2009, 03:30 AM
I like apparent intertaction here, Wolly. Agree with Randy's suggestions. A quick crop, patch and clone to clean up the BG, slightly lighten the dark areas and a touch more sharpening.

Randy Stout
05-22-2009, 05:15 AM
Wolly:

Tony did a really nice repost. Exactly what I had in mind. Clean, pretty, sharp!

Tony, it must be that famous 'creative convergence' phenomena :)

Cheers

Randy

Wolly Jam
05-22-2009, 05:25 AM
Hi Tony and Randy,
unbelievable! it's fantastic. it's a lot of different compared with the original one. Tony, how did you do that? can I learn this from you especially clearing all the unnecessary background. what software you used. Hope you can pm me some tips..

look forward to hearing from you soon.

thanks 1.

kind regards.

wolly j

Arthur Morris
05-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Wolly, Thanks for the info. You can learn all the background clean-up techniques and tons more from our Digital Basics File; see the link on the home page.

BTW, I am doing fine!

Wolly Jam
05-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Great! will do that...Hope I have enough time for this. Thanks + kind rgds.;)

Wolly, Thanks for the info. You can learn all the background clean-up techniques and tons more from our Digital Basics File; see the link on the home page.

BTW, I am doing fine!

Arthur Morris
05-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey Wolly, I should have mentioned that Digital Basics is a PDF that we send by e-mail.

Dave Phillips
05-22-2009, 06:53 PM
welcome, I'll add that the colors saturations are very good....awesome repost by Tony

Wolly Jam
05-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey Wolly, I should have mentioned that Digital Basics is a PDF that we send by e-mail.

Sorry Arthur, i don't get you - are you saying that you sent to me via email but which email address did you sent to? by any chance you can resend to me at this address: wolly09@ymail.com

thanks + kind regards. wolly j

Arthur Morris
05-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Sorry for the confusion Wolly. You send us $20 US via Paypal and we send Digital Basics via e-mail. Learn more here: https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=252

Wolly Jam
05-24-2009, 09:41 PM
arthur - hi,
thanks for your response. great! will do that and look into it.

BTW, wish to clarify here on the name of the bird should be "Blue-Tailed Bee-Eater" and not "Blue-Winged Bee-Eater".

Kind regards.

Wolly J

Sorry for the confusion Wolly. You send us $20 US via Paypal and we send Digital Basics via e-mail. Learn more here: https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=252

Wolly Jam
05-25-2009, 01:16 AM
hi arthur,
is this user's guide effective or user-friendly? can advise.

thanks + kind regards.

wolly j