PDA

View Full Version : COLOR ASSIGNMENT

Cheryl Slechta
05-21-2009, 08:04 PM
I had a lot of issues with the bg so I finally posterized the darned thing and came up with something that I liked.

Canon 30D
Canon 100mm Macro, f/6.3, 1/800, ISO 800

Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated:)

Cheryl

Cheryl Slechta
05-21-2009, 08:16 PM
I didn't like the color saturation after I posted but couldn't figure out how to delete the image - I'll redo and
repost later. The posterizing must have desaturated the brightness.

Gus Cobos
05-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi Lady Cheryl,
I like your composition, image and capture...the color rendition on the yellows and greens are good...you have fine details and I like the spider placed just right in the frame...your flower is balanced and has symmetry...:) I took the liberty of making a few adjustments by cleaning up the pollen specs on the petals, adjusting the mid-tones, adjusting the saturation and contrast levels, and ran noise reduction in the background...see if this presents best to you...:cool:

Katie Rupp
05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Cherly, I like your idea for color and composition and the enhanced version with the changes Gus suggested. I can see it printed large, hung on a dark wall....

denise ippolito
05-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Cheryl, Nice use of lighting. I like the colors. The composition is interesting as the spider adds alot. I like the NR and removal of specs. I think it will make a lovely print !!

Oscar Zangroniz
05-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Great composition, specially the placement of the spider. Great re post by Gus.
congrats

Alfred Forns
05-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Strong and pleasing composition The tendency would have been going tight on the bug Do like the end result. Color balance wise is tough without a reference but the re post looks good !!!

Cheryl Slechta
05-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Gus - Thanks so much for fixing my image. It looks so much better - I don't know why I was attached to the
pollen!

_______
Cheryl