PDA

View Full Version : Assignment Colour

Dave Leroy
05-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Copper. I think copper is a colour. Sunrise at Boundary Bay while out looking for Sandpipers three or four weeks ago. I tried for the dunlin scooting across the mudflats. 50D, 400/5.6 at f/9.5(?),1/8000, EC-1.5, ISO1600 and Av mode.
Dave

denise ippolito
05-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Copper is a beautiful color! I love the tones and light in this image. I wish the BG wasn't so busy-I selected the top portion of the sky and put a zoom blur on it and refined the edges and it looked nice,still had the same color tones and bottom part of image. Only my opinion and it may not work for you.

Cheryl Slechta
05-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Dave - the color is beautiful. I like the texture of the water - it looks like hammered metal. It's an interesting
contrast of textures - the top portion is soft and the bottom is very hard - I like it!

________
Cheryl

Gus Cobos
05-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi Dave,
I like the warm copper colors in your image...I agree with Lady Denise on the background being a tad busy, I cropped your composition some what into a pano, and also by taking some off the top, but I like your's better...I would tone down the hot streak in the water...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Lance Peters
05-21-2009, 09:24 PM
HI Dave - love the textures - agree with the previous comments.

Katie Rupp
05-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi dave, Wow, that water is a very unique look; love the copper color and the diffused light in the bg. I might take some off the bottom and yes, tone down the hot streak.

Alfred Forns
05-22-2009, 07:31 AM
I like it a lot Would only mover the horizon down a bit, out of the middle !! Agree on getting some texture in the hot reflection !! Different and well done !!!