PDA

View Full Version : Big Talbott Island State Park

Michael Pancier
05-21-2009, 09:12 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2254/3530078645_fe689bd026_o.jpg

This is simply a B&W conversion of a color image at this amazing strip of coastline near Jacksonville.

I finally bought one of those 8x ND filters and what fun it is to shoot in the middle of the day and get a 1.2 second exposure at f/22 at ISO 100 ....

shot on 50d with 10-22 at 10mm.

processed with Nik Silverefx Pro.

Bruce Murden
05-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I find this comp really interesting, as the branches are all reaching out for empty sky framed by the clouds. Good anchor LL, the dark logs LR bring you back in... very nicely done!

Mark Fuge
05-21-2009, 04:21 PM
I like the look but would have focused on one tree. The multiple branches, personally, seem to mismatched to me.

I like the grain of the front tree. Would be nice to move the back trees out ;), or find a similar tree section nearby.

Roman Kurywczak
05-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey Michael,
Gotta love the new toy! You will definitely have fun with it. You have a pretty cool effect here and the harsh light may actually work as the shadow play adds an interesting element to the image. Part of me originally felt like Mark, that there were too many branches.....but as I studied it further they seemd to form a natural flow from larger to small. A few things still feel out of place....the one RH branch going opposite direction into the frame and not a prominant....but slightly distracting the log in the LRC. A bit more wave action may have remedied those things as it would have made the water a bit more prominant. Looking forward to more experiments with the filter!